Thursday, August 4, 2011

Let's Get Started!

Well, I am new at this whole blogging thing, but I will try my best to edify all those who read and follow it. For my first post, I find it only natural to talk about myself and my faith in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I grew up mostly in Ohio, and lived in Brussels, Belgium for the last 3 years of high school. After I graduated, I attended Brigham Young University in Provo, UT.

I grew up in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, but that is not to mean that I always believed it was the only true and living church. Most of my life I haven't had any particular view on religion and I was just casual about it. As a result of my lack of faith and knowledge about Jesus Christ, I made many poor choices during my high school years that resulted in my own unhappiness and sometimes failure. However, this in turn led me back to the Savior. I had a sincere desire to change my bad habits and try to become as much like the Savior as I could. It all started with reading and praying abou the Book of Mormon; I figured it couldn't hurt. Over time, my attitude changed, I wanted to keep the commandments, and I felt the Spirit in my life. Oh what a change it was! I have never experienced such happiness since I have been active in the gospel of Jesus Christ. This led me to want to share the happiness and joy that I have recieved with my brothers and sisters in the world and I decided to serve a 2-year mission. 

My love of the Savior has grown immensly since I have been on my mission. His atoning sacrifice is for EVERYONE. It can cleanse us all, if we just turn our hearts to Him. He suffered and died for each and every one of us because he loves us, and He wants us to find happiness in this life. I know that this is true without a shadow of a doubt. I also know that the Book of Mormon is, indeed, the word of God. If we will but read it with an open heart we WILL come closer to Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father and our lives will be blessed!

With love,
Elder Brennan Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment